Wednesday 25 February 2015

the backseat lipsticks


I've now accumulated a considerably high amount of lipsticks , 18 to be exact. The favourites have taken front row in my lipstick stand and the rarely used ones are starting to gather dust. I feel guilty for not loving them as much as my more used ones so I'm hoping that getting them out from the back will remind me why I bought them in the first place.

I have to admit I only bought the B. lipstick in tagine because it was on sale. I was intrigued by the name of the colour and because there was no tester I said what the heck and bought it. When I got home I was more impressed with the click-y packaging ( very Chanel-esque) more than the brown toned coral in the tube. But with a light wash on the lips it looks very boho, trouble is I rarely feel in the boho mood.

The Revlon lipstick in trendsetter is a stunning red but it isn't the shade I was looking for. Definitely blame the lighting in Boots for implying it was more burgundy that it actually is. I'd say it's a true cool toned red which doesn't suit my olive toned skin as much as I like it to. Layered with other colours I try and make it work but at the end of the day I am yet to gain enough confidence to pull off a bold red.

Rimmel moisture renew in dreamy is a nice brown toned nude but the heavy shimmer isn't too flattering on my lips. I thought I could get over the initial shimmer but I prefer matte over gloss finishes so it was a bit disappointing. On the plus my mum does like the finish so it comes out ever so often for her sake. Despite that it is very moisturising and I think it would go nicely as a base to tint the lips before applying a matte lipstick - I think the matte and shimmer would balance each other, but I'm yet to test that theory.

What are your 'back seat' lipsticks you want to get more use out of?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric