Monday 11 August 2014

Pink Ombre Cake










I've always eyed up mouthwatering cake creations on Tumblr and just generally in bakery windows. It was only until last month I bit the bullet and thought I'd give it a go. As you can tell from the picture I do have some improvements to make in making the layers more even, but overall it definitely went down a hit with my class mates for out end of school party.

The general recipe I followed was similar to this one ( can't find the exact one ). But as any WIDOW creation goes I always like to tweak a few bit here and there. So heres any extras I added;

- A peanut butter cream filling made with double cream (two thirds of a regular sized 200ml tub or equivalent) whipped into soft stiff peaks and mixed with a tablespoon of smooth peanut butter and a tablespoon of icing sugar.
- Cream cheese outer frosting made from double cream (a full of 200ml or so doesn't have to be exact), a tub of cream cheese and icing sugar to taste.

Not quite this Lauren Conrad creation but I'm happy nonetheless!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks amazing - cream cheese outer frosting is my weakness!!

    Josie XOXO

    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious!


    saltandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica (What To Style)12 August 2014 at 18:39

    That's an amazing cake and it looks delicious! =D
    Please, check out my blog!

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this looks amazing! I love the colours!!

    dimplesdiaries

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! It tasted just as good :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Hannah ! I've been wondering whether blue ombré cake will look just as cute

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric