Monday 16 February 2015

aestetics




 


I'm a sucker for clear acrylic storage for my makeup but everytime I go into muji the price tag has me um-ing and argh-ing for ages. I began doing a little online snooping for a clear lipstick case and discovered eBay's offering in this 24 slot lipstick stand for a mere £2.20! I jumped right on that wagon and received it in a matter of 2 weeks considering it came from China. I was totally amazed with the quality and not a crack or chip in sight from that lengthly journey. I currently keep my lipsticks in there in a random order with slots to spare which is great from a lipstick junkie like me, plus I think it will keep me firm in not going over the 24 lipstick rule, if I end up buying more it'll have to be a one-in-one-out policy.

To go with the acrylic theme I couldn't help but notice that old Ferrero Rocher chocolate containers would make equally nice storage without having to go to too much trouble. The chocolates are pretty pricey but whenever I receive them as gifts or spot them on sale in the shops I think I'll be using a lot more of them. It's great for more than makeup too, my nan would keep her sewing kit in one of them and the transparency is convenient enough to let you know what's in it without having to open boxes and draws. I use the deeper end of the container for blushes and bronzers/powders and the lid end for liners so it's come in handy for 2 uses.

what is you makeup storage like?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh! I do this with Ferrero Rocher containers too :) I always use them for storing random little bits and pieces, they're so handy! I feel a lot less weird now. Xx

    Love, Hira - http://www.theartofexisting.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric