Monday 7 July 2014

A Rainbow Fruit Breakfast Bowl

Eating healthy is forever my goal, but it's not always as straight forward as you think. Last month I was on a bit of a healthy breakfast kick and I saw a massive difference in my energy levels and overall feeling in my body. Seen as it was a stressful exam period I found that having a fruity breakfast eased me into the work and fuelled me until lunch.

A RAINBOW BREAKFAST BOWL-

You will need - 

Fruit of your choice I chose different fruit depending on what I had in my fridge but in the image above there was
  • pineapple
  • strawberries
  • banana
  • blueberries
In addition to that you'll need a yoghurt of choice. Here I chose-
  • strawberry flavoured bio yoghurt
Overall you just chop the fruit into desired chunks, preferably bite-size pieces and place them above a hefty amount of yoghurt. By hefty I usually poured in enough to fill a quarter of the bowl I used. Apart from you can add natural flavouring if the fruits aren't sweet enough like agave nectar or honey. Seen as it's Summer most fruit will be at its ripe sweet age so adding artificial sweetness will be a crime! 

These ' Rainbow breakfast bowls' can be adapted in any way. Adding nuts and dried fruits will also work, not to mention the variety of flavoured yoghurts out there. So let me know what you would pair together in your breakfast bowl.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric