Friday 23 May 2014

Using Crockery for storage

I'm a self confessed hoarder, and I'm actually starting to try and be reasonably chic about it all. My mums forever nagging me to organise and de-clutter my room but I just can't let go of my precious cargo. Finding ways to make my desk look cuter and more girly is another worry. So together I think relieving my mother of some of her kitchen clutter = making my room prettier, so everyone's happy right?..Well sort of.

What to get? 
Bowls, cups, cake stands, and saucers are a few things in the china depo that you can invest in. Old cutlery hangers/stands might be something nice to store necklaces on, although I haven't tested that one just yet. Plastic trays and old ash holders are something to look out for too.

Where to find them? 
Cheapest bet is to look at home. I found mine in an old box in my shed, and at my nan's house when she decided to throw away her old china whilst she was moving homes, so ask around and have a nosey. Charity shops are the next option. They go for pennies and most of them have beautiful vintage inkings on them. When they aren't in sets anymore they have no real value so be strategic in the stuff you choose. 

How to store them?
I've used my cup and bowl to store everyday makeup items. I also have some inside my draws that store my most worn nail polishes all stacked up, and I must admit they make lovely decor pieces. Saucers and small plates are great for rings and watches that don't usually get tangled up, and they can double up as little candle holders too. 

To be quite honest it's all in your hands. Experiment with sizes and heights to build a nice set of storage that suites you. This is just an idea for keeping your items, it's really up to your preferences how you adapt it. I'd love to see how you put your spin on the crockery storage so let me know in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable idea - my dressing table is so cluttered!!!

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whatididonwednesday26 May 2014 at 15:19

      definitely you need to give it a go!

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric