Thursday 17 April 2014

Easter Egg cupcakes


I haven't baked in ages,( I blame school for that) so since spring break is upon us I thought I'd take a break from all things revision and get my butt back into the world of cupcakes and cream. I had a lot of fun icing and baking, although it is a stressful wait between each rising cake. I haven't found a perfect recipe for sponge cake that works, I mean I must be doing something wrong because I never get them fluffy and soft, so cupcakes are the only things I don't completeley suck at.

I decided to go for chocolate coconut cupcakes because I was craving the combo and I'd never tried it before so I thought I would give it a go and see.

Ingredients//
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cups of coco powder
  • 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
  • 1/2 cup of sugar ( any you like- I used regular white granulated sugar but brown is particularly yummy but I ran out)
  • 100g of butter
  • 1 1/2 cups of self raising flour
Start off by creaming the butter and sugar together until it goes fluffy and all mixed thoroughly, then add in the eggs. It's important that everything is room temperature so nothing splits, but if you see you eggs are not mixing smoothly with the butter and sugar add a tablespoon of your flour and that should do the trick.

Then add in your coconut and coco powder and give it a nice whipping. Once that is done you add your flour and divide into cupcake cases. Place the cakes for 20-25 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees celcius and let them cool before icing or frosting.

I used a fresh whipped cream for my topping but you can easily make a cream cheese frosting or ganache too by following recipes online. For the Easter edge add flake chocolate around the edges to resemble nests and place a few Easter egg candies in the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric