Monday 21 July 2014

The beauty starter tool kit

Seen as my beauty starter kit posed as a useful post for me as a beginner I thought I'd create a slightly different version for those starting out, like me, in the brush world. With so many different brush shapes, names, and uses finding the bare basics to invest in can be a confusing decision to make. So here are the brushes I believe to be the basics when starting out in makeup.


BASIC
  • Foundation brush
  • Eyeshadow brush
  • Blush brush
INTERMEDIATE
  • Contour brush
  • Eyeshadow blending brush
  • Slanted brush ( for liner or brows )
  • Eyelash Curlers
Seven tools that can be mixed and matched to different uses on the face. Of course this is my opinion of what is 'basic' so do adjust to what you think is suited to your needs. This is just a rough guide as to what you may want to look into as within each category of brush is another world of names and styles. Hopefully I'll elaborate into each category in a following post. For today's post question I'd like to ask- what was the first brush/es you purchased?

1 comment:

  1. Same with me, I'm still collecting. I think you can never have too many brushes!

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric