Saturday 8 February 2014

Red, Red Roses





As a nod to Valentines day nearing I thought I'd review a new find from the drugstore that I've picked up recently. Its the new REVLON ColorsStay ultimate suede lipstick in '085 trendsetter' that caught my eye and screamed out to become a member of my growing collection.

The formula is pretty much moisturising and matte at the same time, giving a 'suede' finish as expected. I love the packaging, not the typical bullet style black exterior but a sleek thin stick that fits better on my lips for a even precise application. The colour isn't a 'true' red, more burgundy I'd say which is better suited to my skin tone. It can be built up to the colour you prefer or left as a nice reddish tint to the lips for a daytime look. Again, my lips aren't the most tactile surfaces at this time of year but that doesn't seem to matter at all because the moisture evens out most of my dry skin patches.

I love pairing this with a simple outfit and basic eye makeup because it lifts the mood of my outfits and style from being a dull monochrome blur. Can't wait to continue using this, although I'm nervous wearing it out in its full entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric