Thursday 20 February 2014

Mini Primark Haul // Winter staples

















So as I write this post the weather decides to have a crazy mood swing and can't decide if it wants to rain, snow or shine. My hopes are on the latter because its been too long since I've seen the sun out.

A few weeks ago I decided to treat myself to a spree in Primark and typically didn't like anything and only walked out with two items. I think I'm going to be wearing the heck out of these two items this season- They're versatile and look like a no brainer for pairing with a long maxi skirt or a nice pair of jeans and booties.

>The Grandpa slouch knit jumper- Slightly too slouchy (need to exchange for a down-size) but I love the colour and style. I love the chunky knit because as old classics go my Grandpapa probably did wear something like this in his time. It comes below the bottom and in a region where it feels cosy but not too informal and lazy. The quality feels not too bad for a Primark cardigan so I'm going to risk it for the sake of being warm. Can't wait to pair it with a bright top in the Autumn/Spring because it's neutral enough to take on the pops of colour in the clothes I wear beneath it. For £5 I couldn't go wrong. In fact I would've been mad not to buy it.

>The 'Hey Sailor' top- I LOVE this top. The style is one of those batwing fits that lead onto tight arms. I imagine it to look nice with a high waisted skirt or jeans to contrast with the flow-y nature of the top. As the print goes stripes have been an ongoing trend for years so no fear there! It's not a daring or bright print- fairly neutral as well so it's great for this time of year or pretty much all year round as a monochrome piece in your wardrobe.

Together I think I've hit a bargainous roll just in time for the 'Money-saving March' series that's coming soon to a computer screen ( or mobile device ) near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric